


I think I understand now how silence can be deafening. It's my ears that perceive it as deafening, not necessarily the nature of being alone. I've been thinking - stop being "alone," stillness in my own existence, and be "alone" with God. (stop it.) It's just sometimes, I can be easily distracted, so I try and abstain from those distractors, yet, again alone in the loud silence, I experience my moment's fright. I shan't be scared.
And I'm slowly learning what it means to communicate with words of acknowledgment and affirmation. Since I was young, I have avoided using common words and expressions. I think it's purely from my wish to express things by my own terms. And this has become a habit, which, not necessarily a bad habit to have, but I have experienced great conflict when asked simple questions as "How are you?" hehehehe.. silly.
Anyways, these are drawings done in conte crayon. I am going to be deliberate in placing the movements that are experienced in these.. which then ascribes depth and reality to these. These will be spoken of metaphorically.... laterrrr... and when i do, i'll refer back to these, and you'll know. sorry for the somewhat scant explanation. It'll be a promise though.
3 comments:
we live in a loud and busy world that it's hard to be truly alone with only you and God. It's scary to feel alone and abandoned without God, but sometimes it's also scary to realize that you are indeed alone with God - the holy, awesome, creator of the universe who has the power to judge and condemn. sometimes I just hate facing Him because I feel i'm unworthy and he is a fearful stranger rather than a loving father.
but as you said, we shan't be scared :) i suppose we also need faith to face being alone eh...
~flo
Jeanie, I have a question for you:
How are you? =)
I think whatever you answer is unique and wonderful. Words of affirmation are great, but I think words of unique, natural affirmation are the best.
Also, nice paintings! Professional artist, please explain to me what they are? =)
~Andrew
haloo jeani, i come from indonesia.
i like painting too.please come t my blog.i make painting on t-shirt. skecth n painting.but i,m newcamer in world painting n i hope do the best for my painting.
Post a Comment